About the College of Nursing
In an era of unprecedented and disruptive change in the health care industry—from shifting patient demographics, to the emergence of new models like telemedicine and retail medicine, to an increasingly complex licensing and credentialing environment—today’s nurses must work hard to navigate the changes and remain on the leading-edge of their professions.
Whether you are a registered nurse looking to bolster your credentials to meet today’s higher standards, or an advanced-practice nurse seeking to expand your knowledge and take on greater leadership challenges, The Central State University College of Nursing will equip you with the deep industry insight and up-to-the-minute knowledge and skills you need to become the nurse tomorrow needs.
- Accredited by the DETC Online and on-ground options
- Opportunities to receive credit for your prior academic and professional experience, potentially shortening your program length.
- Curriculum that is updated regularly to align with changing industry standards, and that prepares you to sit for relevant licensing exams
- Certificates and/or concentrations in timely areas of need such as gerontology, informatics, Family Nurse Practitioner, nurse education, nurse administration, and more
- Nursing Navigators who will help you develop an educational plan that aligns with your unique skills and career objectives
- Nursing Pathway Programthrough which you may begin taking master’s-level courses as part of your bachelor’s degree—giving you a head start on a future graduate degree
- Nursing Bridge Programthrough which RNs who have a bachelor’s degree in an unrelated field may accelerate their time to completing an MSN—taking just three bachelor’s-level courses in addition to their required master’s courses
- Dual-Degree Programs through which you may efficiently earntwo master’s degrees at once–expanding your expertise while optimizing time and expense
Undergraduate and Graduate Programs
- Master of Science in Nursing/Nurse Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing/Nurse Education Master of Science in Nursing/Family Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing/Master of Health Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing/Master of Health Administration/Gerontology
- Master of Science in Nursing/Master of Health Administration/Informatics
- Master of Science in Nursing/Master of Health Administration/Sustainability Management
- Post-Master’s Nurse Administrator Certificate
- Post-Master’s Nurse Education Certificate
- Post-Master’s Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate